Call for Scores 2018
fivebyfive is excited to announce a call for scores! We are looking for original pieces and arrangements, as well as grant and project proposals with the goal of expanding our available repertoire and being introduced to future collaborators.
Submissions are due by Monday, January 1st, 2018 with selected performances to take place in April 2018 and our following 2018-19 season.
For pieces selected for our April 2018 concert composers will receive a $250 honorarium and a live recording for promotional use.
- Pieces must be for the full instrumentation or nonspecific/open instrumentation
- Instrumentation: Flute (double on Alto), Clarinet (A and bass), Electric guitar (effects available), Double Bass (possibly electric bass, please contact), Piano (limited extended techniques)
- Submitted pieces must be acoustic only, no electronics or computers. However, grant and project proposals are open to anything
- Pieces can include structured improvisation
- April's concert has a loose theme of "Night" but since we hope to be performing more pieces that strike a chord with us the following season it is not necessary to follow the theme
Email PDF score and parts, mp3 of recording or MIDI realization (if available) and contact info to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing your work, meeting you and the possibility of doing something meaningful together.
Any updates will be made to this page. For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org